Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Years Haibun

I received three packages on New Years day. I don't know how my family managed it. It was fabulous. Freshly ground blue mountain coffee (my favorite) and French vanilla powered creamer. Cookies (my Mom makes the best!) and other baked goodies. Socks, sweaters and my coat. Why I thought it wouldn't be "that" cold in the Middle East, is beyond me. Temporary loss of sanity I guess. It has been in the high 30's and low 40's here (I'm from the FL Keys....it was 85 on Christmas) and I am freezing. Most of my things have not arrived yet and I am still in the "living out of a suitcase" mode. Nothing feels like home, everything is new. Setting up house is not that easy in a foreign country when you don't know your way around yet.

New Years Day
Grandma's war cake
plump with raisins

No comments: